Originally printed in the “Greater Tampa REALTOR® News”
Tampa—We all know the statistics, 80% of home buyers beginning their search for a property online, the Internet is the place to find and disseminate real estate information, Third-party services have leapt ahead in the popularity stakes recently, but for REALTORS®, using these site gets expensive pretty quickly. What’s the solution? For MFRMLS members, it’s the new member-owned MyFloridaHomesMLS.com.
Listing data provided on the web site is synched with the MLS and refreshed every fifteen minutes, to provide both agents and consumers with information that is updated continuously. This allows for MyFloridaHomesMLS.com to provide a superior search service in comparison with third-party sites, most of which are updated daily or irregularly.
Benefits for Agents
MyFloridaHomesMLS.com provides a great range of features and benefits for MFR members, and compares very favorably to leading third-party sites.
- Fully functional site with powerful search tools, search engine optimization by MarketLinx, our MLXchange provider, to generate high user traffic
- Listings automatically imported from the MLS, updated at 15-minute intervals
- Leads from consumers are sent directly to brokers and/or agents
- No advertising on the website. No need to worry about your competitors face or banner ad showing up next to your listings
- Activity reports displaying page views, total number of unique visitors, properties viewed, agent activities, and other statistics
- The site is designed to complement your company site, or individual agent web site, rather than replace it. The site provides a valuable link between consumers and your IDX web site.
- Every agent gets their own custom link that has only their contact information, so that you can share this powerful website with your customer and feel confident that the leads will come back to you.
And best of all, these benefits are available to you at no cost. The cost of using your MLS consumer site is included in your MFR fees, so you can cancel subscriptions to third-party sites and upgrade to a more effective service—for free!
Benefits for Consumers
Check out this list of great features consumers can use to find properties and agents.
- Customizable Home Page
- From the Home page, consumers can search using a map, streets, neighborhoods, MLS numbers, zip codes, and other terms.
- Powerful map search tool, powered by Microsoft® Virtual Earth, searchable by street addresses, locations, and property characteristics
- Detailed property records which include property summaries, access to photos and other information, and a market analysis section
- “Value Your Home” feature allowing users to obtain an estimate of their property’s value
- “Find an Agent” feature provides users with a search tool they can use to define agent search criteria such as city, zip code, and others. Users can obtain contact information and email an agent directly from the results page.
Since its launch in October the MyFloridaHomesMLS.com site has been climbing steadily in popularity, with page views soaring in 2009. More than 130 million properties have appeared in consumer searches since the site’s launch!
This article was provided by the Technology Committee of the Greater Tampa Association of REALTORS®. For more information, visit www.GTAR.org.